Tuesday, October 21, 2014

BAJU KAWIN

Had a good first discussion at Innai Red regarding my two wedding outfits - one for nikah and another for the dinner reception. Yes TWO receptions, I now have a hotel dinner as well despite our earlier agreement to have one home reception from nikah to sanding to dinner haha. Plans keep changing left right and center, every week it's a different outcome but I've been told by old brides that this is a normal occurrence and that I should take it in good stride. And that I will! ;) There were a few designers that I had in mind when it came to my dresses, what with having so many talented people in KL to choose from, but when i found the dress of my dreams to copy be inspired from after countless hours or googling and pinning and magazine page tearing all that jazz, IR immediately popped into my mind as someone who could execute it. 

I chose a kind of twist-on-traditional for nikah - very covered, very modest, as syariah compliant as I possibly can as there will be tok kadi and pak imam and orang-orang masjid in attendance he he he, and then for the dinner I went down the route of a more western evening gown Hollywood glam kinda feel, but still modest and covered of course, for fear of being disowned by my father at the alter lols. Erin and Juliani the two main designers from IR were very forthcoming; I could tell that we were on the same page from the get go, and their rough sketches were exactly as I had envisioned! Will meet them again in two weeks for the final sketch and review of some fabric swatches, and also the most important thing - costing! This bride has a budget yawwllss! 

Updates on that to follow. 

Anyway, if you've never been to their boutique in Plaza Damas, you should! So many nice things off the rack to touch and feel and smell and gather inspiration from. Of course all in a size ZERO so i didn't get to try anything on *cry* #notasiansized

No comments:

Post a Comment