Monday, September 29, 2014

Colour Me Pretty!

I've decided to go with a gold & blush theme for my Nikah night. I've always envisioned my maid of honour and bridesmaids, or in this case, dulang girls, all decked in mismatched metallics and since we've decided to have the Nikah ceremony at night, BRING ON THE BLING! Blush was a natural progression from gold, as I still want the tone to be soft and flirty, very romantic and ethereal, so the soft blush will set off the strong gold. I've set an appointment with Ezzati Amira for tomorrow to discuss the girls' outfits, will see how that pans out. Ezzati is such a talented up and coming designer and also happens to be my junior in high school and close friends with my niece Natrah, so that's how we like to keep it in the family ;) Her designs are very edgy, definitely not your run of the mill wedding designer and that's what I like about it! Hopefully we can work well together.

Mint was another one of my final choice colours, but to avoid headache and chaos I omitted it from my colour palette. Too many colour combinations can cause confusion especially when it's not a common colour like MERAH or BIRU LAUT (Daun pudina? Macam atas laksa tu ke?) But how does one still incorporate your colour of choice without having to do it yourself? MAKE YOUR FUTURE HUSBAND'S SIDE WEAR THE COLOUR! *evil laughter* Luckily my betrothed is quite flexible, has never heard of the colour "mint" before, and is game for whatever theme I throw his way so YAY. This way, my photos will have blush and gold aaaannnnddd mint (how diviiiinnnneee) and of course, bride and groom will be in white all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment