Friday, September 19, 2014

The where, not quite the when (yet)

A lot of going back and forth (and then back again, then forth, you get the picture) about where exactly we would hold the ceremonies for the wedding. The very initial plan was to have one nikah ceremony, one hall/hotel reception for very close family and friends, and one post-wedding party of sorts. After a lot of research (during free locum slots and in between patients, lol) regarding halls and capacities and menus and packages, my mom(zilla) has decided to have just one big reception at my grandma's house in Taman Melawati. I was thrilled, of course, that being the place i grew up in and spent most of my childhood. So many fond memories of my late grandfather in that place, and what more we have just finished renovating the front porch and terrace.. SO WHY NOT!

That led to countless Google searches and screenshots and pinterest pins on "pelamin rumah 2014" and "idea hantaran" and "kanopi sewa" and the endless list of wedding planners and their jaw dropping work, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a lot that you can do to make even a home wedding feel very special. After all, you get married only once. That's the plan anyways. We have set up a meeting with Pak Abu who is also a dear family friend, and we shall see where that takes us. Plenty to discuss - the pelamin, hantaran, decor, main table, guest tables, marquee vs tents, bilik pengantin, photo booth, and most importantly... FOOD! If all else fails, I know that at the very least I want GOOD FOOD at my wedding because that's what I personally look forward to the most when attending weddings. Well the bride and groom, too, for sure, but the food better be damn good!
 So, six months to go (or is it five? I wouldn't know because my dad STILL has not decided on a date yet, well that's another issue all together) and I've finally done ONE thing - Pick a venue. Ha ha. So screwed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment