Wednesday, January 12, 2011

$$$

Got into a very heated discussion with my boyfriend yesterday regarding my (lack of) financial prudence. I earn a pretty decent paycheck every month considering i'm a fresh grad, but somehow nothing seems to be left over every month! He says i spend too lavishly but seriously i do not see it! I eat at mediocre places, i fill up my tank with Ron95 and i don't pay for any utilities (so lucky to still be living under my mother's roof he he) but still $$ is an issue.

The only thing i can see is that my only vice is handbags. That, i cannot resist. A big chunk of my pay goes toward paying off credit card debt - that sounds worse than it actually is, i'm not actually in debt.. i prefer to look at it as INSTALLMENT plan ;) Plus i never buy more than one bag at a time, that way i'm only paying for one particular bag at a time. SEE! FINANCIAL PRUDENCE! It's not my fault the things i like are expensive :(

But seriously. I was talking to a friend yesterday who earns less than me and has been working for a shorter period of time and she has waaaay more saved aside from her pay! This really opened my eyes and made me reflect.

I need to start saving too. If not for a rainy day, for a nice Balenciaga, maybe? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment