Thursday, October 28, 2010

Show Me The Moolah

Having a pretty good start to my call today, not that I'm trying to jinx myself or anything like that lol ;P All this while I never could update with my phone because the editor never seemed to load but it turns out all I had to do was use thr HTML editor instead /facepalm

Anyways I was having a conversation with my colleague Niza and we ended up discussing money - something we all have a little bit of trouble with at one point or another in out lives, right? While I was complaining how I was struggling to settle my monthly credit card debt (which most of the time adds up to more than my payslip amount eeep), my friend was actually paying off her own car, forks out rent, and also recently bought her dad an Alza! And we have the exact same salary!

What she does is quite smart - she liaised with unit gaji and had them split her salary into two accounts each month, and only spends from one. Genius! I've always set aside money to save but it would end up being spent at the end of the month on some pretty Topshop outfit or a nice dim sum lunch at Mandarin. Epic fail.

So now I've made a resolution to start saving! If not to pay off a car maybe for a nice new bag? Heh heh.. Who says you have to wait till new years to do make resolutions? :)

Off to the bank this weekend to open up a new bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment